Wednesday, March 30, 2022

DBA Crusades Era Camps

I enjoy putting together what I hope are interesting scenes for my DBA baggage camps. So I thought I'd collect them into a series of themed posts, starting with my Crusades era camps.

(Click on a picture to enlarge it.)


First we have the Muslim style camp for my Ayyubid army and its various morphs. It features a Beduin style tent 

A cut out version of which may be downloaded by clicking here:

 Bedouin Tent 

The guardsmen are from Alternative Armies.







Then we have the Komnenan Byzantines. 

This first camp is a simple marching camp. The donkeys' loads have been modelled on with some beads.


The second camp represents part of the walls of Constantinople - as seen in this picture:


I'm particularly happy with the trompe l'oeil effect of the road going into the archway.


These two permanent guardsmen are Minifigs miniatures.


The men on this mobile element are Tin Soldier figures flanking an Essex Miniatures cavalryman. The banner is home made.




The Crusaders

This vignette represents a market scene
The priest urging on his attentive flock with a well crafted sermon from the back of a cart.

Most of the figures are from Irregular Miniatures
The cart is scratch built with wheel from an old Airfix Ancient British Panzer er... chariot



I'm very happy with how this scene came together. 
It's for my Lusignan Cypriot army. 
These guys were a highly successful Crusader state.
They're listed as a littoral army, so I figured a naval scene would be appropriate.





This is a pretty generic Medieval camp. 
The banner atop the tent is Lusignan.








Here's a Pecheneg wagon laager style camp.
The Pechenegs fought both for and against the Komnenan Byzantines.



If you like these posts, why not  

"Like"

Wargrunt Art on Facebook for updates

Just click here



No comments:

Post a Comment