Thursday, April 18, 2024

On The Go - April


Carthaginian Capers Part 3


The African spearmen for my Early Carthaginian army (DBA I/61ab) are complete.

 


I’m happy with how the shields turned out, though the central boss was annoying because it prevented some bolder ‘Carthaginian’ designs.



I’m happy with how the shields turned out, though the central boss was annoying because it prevented some bolder ‘Carthaginian’ designs. 



The Sacred Band & citizen spears are next.

Carthaginian Capers Part 2


It's been a while since my last post but things are progressing. More notes with the pictures below. 


The Poeni spearmen for the early Carthaginians are up to shield decoration. 


As I mentioned in my last post, I undercoated this army with white (can’t remember why). I’ve found the change in painting processes okay. Colour washes are quick and pretty effective and I’m happy enough with non-metallic chainmail but I couldn’t get the bronze to work without a lot of black washes underneath.


I've found it much the same with the shields where I've gone for very solid background colours.


The camp for my Classical Indian army is complete bar a couple of touches. I’m pretty happy with this elephant washing scene. I just need to add a wash to the large plants.


Philippides and Pan  (god element for my HOTT Persian Wars Greek army) are ready except for a totally historical signpost that will go in the background.



Carthaginian Capers Part 1


My Classical Indians are complete and just waiting for a fine day so I can get them photographed.


In the meantime, I've started on an Early Carthaginian army (DBA I/61b). Most of the figures are from deep in the lead pile. I'm starting with these fellas.




I think they're Minifigs, but could be wrong. They, and the rest of the army, were undercoated white for some reason. I've decided to stick with it and try out my paint washing skills! 


I've cut back the original telephone pole spears  and I think they look a bit better for it.


If you like these posts, why not  

"Like"

Wargrunt Art on Facebook for updates

Just click here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment