Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Sacred Chariot Camp

Here is my model of the Sacred Chariot that accompanied the Royal Achaemenid Persian armies.


According to Herodotus, "the sacred chariot of Zeus (Ahura Mazda)... was drawn by eight white horses; and behind the horses again followed on foot a charioteer holding the reins, for no human creature mounts upon the seat of that chariot."


This little piece was a bit of an afterthought. In retrospect, the Sacred Chariot should have been part of my Persian 'Away' camp, which may be seen here:


The guardsmen are Xyston miniatures.



The chariot is from Gladiator Miniatures.

I added the diamond pattern to the front of the chariot




You can see my Early Achaemenid Persian DBA army here:

DBA I/60ac Early Achaemenid Persians

And my other Persian baggage camps here:
Pasargadae Paradiso

And here:
Persians on the March

I'd love to read your comments!

If you like these posts, why not  

"Like"

Wargrunt Art on Facebook for updates

Just click here



No comments:

Post a Comment